Tuesday 13 October 2009

VeganMoFo 2009 #9: Match made in heaven.

Whenit comes to muffins, I love them all - but I do have a clear favourite. Lemon and poppy seed - who is with me? It's funny. I used to dislike anything lemon flavoured when I was younger, but then I grew to enjoy lemon in baked goods and now I just love it anywhere, any time, any place. But as far as muffins go, lemon and poppy seed is where it is at. Though lemon and blueberry is a fairly close second.;)

What makes a good lemon muffin to me? They need to have a delicious, real lemon flavour. They need to be not too sweet. And they need to be pretty light in texture.

Below are two batches of lemon poppy seed muffins I have made.


From Vegan Brunch.


From Vegan With A Vengeance.

OK, yes - both are Isa books and both are similar, but there are a few differences. The VB version doesn't require any soy yoghurt - which is great seeing as I need to make my own yoghurt if I want something that isn't flavoured and doesn't contain dairy starter culture. But they both fit the bill!

What is your favourite muffin flavour?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post


It's a beautiful and sleeping Sahara. But look closer. You shall see that above her I have left some clothes lying on the bed (I know, slob, whatever, hee). But look under Sahara's head. Yes - she is sleeping perfectly curled up on the hood part of my jumper! This cat is like the princess and the pea, I swear. If you leave anything lying around on the bed, she will sleep on it. She likes as many layers under her as possible! It's rather amusing, and keeps my clothes covered in red cat fur! I don't mind though. ;)

(For those who were hoping to find out about the risotto balls, they have to wait for a few days. My camera is at the clinic so I used my mother's camera. She is out at the moment and I don't know where the cord is to transfer onto the computer!)

7 comments:

  1. Those muffins look soooo good.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins look delish! I really like lemon poppyseed muffins, but I think my favorite has to be corn muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the VWAV muffins, but the VB ones are some of my most favorite things in life. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon and poppyseed muffins, definitely my favourite flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't made lemon poppyseed muffins in forever, gonna have to do something about that.

    i honestly couldn't pick a favourite. Although i'm a lover of pb, banana and chocolate chips when I'm in a naughty mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the VB version yet because I'm the only one who eats Lemon Poppyseed around here :(

    And haha, I always seem to leave clothes on my bed and they're ALWAYS coated in fur (Charlotte is bad for both white and black clothes being black and white because whatever colour she sits on the opposite colour of hers sticks like crazy!). If it's not my bed though, it's them having jumped up to sleep on the jumpers in the wardrobe :/

    ReplyDelete